REGISTER

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
facebook
twitter
logotype
deco

You are here: Home Forum Yes OnAir Forum Suggestion Box Radio GaGa

We have 21 guests online
img1
img2
img3
Leave me voicemail
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Suggestion Box is an area for members to put forward things they'd like to hear on the Yes OnAir station and even suggest interviews or points of interest that you think we should cover.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Radio GaGa

Radio GaGa 8 years 11 months ago #35

• Arbroath 1320
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Alba gu Brath!
  • Thank you received: 2
1000 apologies for the most idiotic question of the century here but I thought I'd better ask it in response to a few comments I read over on Wings.

I have been passing the good news about the impending start up of your on line radio station and most people do seem to be enthusiastic. However, there are some who work in situations where there is a "normal" radio in situ and they can only receive the usual BBC garbage such as G.M.S. and all the usual unionist bias that ensues. :sick:

My query is, and don't worry I think I already know the answer, are there any plans to widen your prospective audience from just the on line listener to the airwaves listener who is driving or at their place of work?

As some have said they will not have access to the on line radio and unless they can access it they will not be able tgo listen to your programmes. More importantly the undecideds will not even know of your existance. :(

Another point is that, as you are no doubt aware, there is a growing feeling amongst on line posters that the BBC and MSM are, in effect, getting away with murder with all the lies and misinformation that they spew out. The feeling I get is that we, the pro independence supporters, need a counter to all the pro union garbage. :whistle:

1000 apologies for this rambling post. :silly:

Many thanks for your patience in this matter. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Radio GaGa 8 years 11 months ago #37

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Excellent post - not rambling at all, in fact very good questions that I will try an answer for you.

As you can tell that statin is NOT switched on as yet as teh content right now is a little light and we don't want to launch until it's well worth listening to.

I can tell you we are getting a lot of attention already and getting 100% support from lots of places.

But to answer your questions - traditional air waves is out of the question as that costs a fortune to run and staff and we are volunteers using the technology available to stream to a much larger audience than a local broadcaster can.

Listening to the show will be available to anyone on the web - anyone with a mobile phone - anyone with a tablet or any internet connected device.

The people behind the tech already run other on line services all in the music business and they manage radio station tech and live video tech for bands and musicians to perform live on line from anywhere.

So anyone can listen so long as they can download an APP or click a button on a page or even input our details into their DAB Radio (so long as it's wi-fi connected).

We know that some car stereos can accept our station but only IF the user knows about it and can access mobile apps on it.

Now all that might sound a little complicated, but we'll make it simple when we publish the info and switch on the station.

Competing with traditional broadcasters is impossible so we won't even try - but if recent & current events around the world have taught us anything it's that the broadcasting establishment - or lack of it - cannot suppress public opinion and communication.

With all that said we will need help and support from everyone who wants to let people know what's going on, and we'll be trying our very best to make as big a noise as we can in a light hearted, entertaining & informative way.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions? and thanks for your excellent post.

Looking forward to more.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by admin.

Radio GaGa 8 years 11 months ago #38

• Arbroath 1320
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Alba gu Brath!
Many thanks for your response admin. :kiss:

If you don't mind I'd like to post your response over onto the Wings site, which is where I first posted the news about your radio station. It was here that some people were making the points about the radios in their work place. However, if they will be able to pick up your station on a DAB radio with wifi then that might appease some of their concerns. :whistle:

I'm sure that everyone understands that the creation of a "normal" radio is costs prohibative, which is what I was hinting at when I said I thought I already knew the answer. :lol:

I know you mention the use of mobile apps. Are you able to suggest which apps might be of use to those not able to access their computer/laptop? :)

Again many thanks for your response. :cheer:

Radio GaGa 8 years 11 months ago #39

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
B)
Copy and paste anything you find useful to anyone.

We'll be creating help files and buttons and links and all sorts to make it easy - in fact we already did it's just that we haven't made those pages public yet.

There will be links to Apps and of course it will be available on iPhones via iTunes radio listings.

Trust me - if there's a way of accessing the station we'll be making it known and telling you how, but we WON'T be linking to anything that you have to pay for. The Apps for mobiles will be free and we'll tell you how to use them.

DAB Internet Radio's only need our stream details (IP and Port address) and it will work and we'll publish that too.

We wish we could give you all the deatails now as it's all in place but it's just a little early and we don't want people thinking it's lame or not much in it - like watching channel 4 when they launched and thinking what's the point of this.
:dry:

Radio GaGa 8 years 11 months ago #40

• Arbroath 1320
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Alba gu Brath!
Again, many thanks for your answer. ;)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds