REGISTER

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
facebook
twitter
logotype
deco

You are here: Home Forum Yes OnAir Forum Interesting Videos Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow

We have 22 guests online
img1
img2
img3
Leave me voicemail
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Share any videos you know of or have seen.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow

Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow 8 years 11 months ago #4

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aye Scotia

Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow 8 years 11 months ago #15

In years gone by I was the spokesman for Oil in Fife and had to read reams of information about it, mainly in connection with the plans to build Moss Moran.

One major fact, which is seldom mentioned is how the Oil and Gas fields as delineated. In the case of our Oil and Gas it goes like this.

1. The Continental Shelf - which Alex mentioned - divides UK waters from European waters - including Scandinavia. This brought about the Continental Shelf Jurisdiction Act of 1964 signed in Geneva.

2. Around this time England discovered Gas of their North East Coast. At that time they were confident Oil would be found as well (it wasn't and the Gas Fields were small and expensive).

3. Oil and Gas was being looked for off the Scottish Coast and this looked far more promising, eventually producing one of the biggest Gas Fields in the World - The Brent Field - which turned out to have Oil as well.

As excitement was building about the scope of the potential for Oil and Gas in Scottish waters Scottish lawyers claimed that in the event of a dispute in the North sea off Scotland Scottish Law would have to be employed.

A brilliant call. It lead to the second Continental Shelf Jurisdiction Act of 1968, this time signed in London. A line was drawn from Berwick at right angles across to the Continental Shelf, it's called Parallel 55 degrees 50 North.

And that's why the SNP or Scottish Government has never been challenged in the courts when they speak of Scotland's Oil because that is what it is as recognised by International Treaties.

Although I wasn't in this country at the time I understand Tony Blair has quietly moved the goal posts on the 55degrees 50 boundary, losing Scotland thousands of miles of sea bed......aided and abetted by the Scottish Labour Party I might add.

The unionists are claiming this line now runs through the Scottish Oil fields and Scotland has thus lost those fields to England.

Eh - happily not. Firstly, no Government can arbitrarily re write an International Treaty and secondly even Blair only intended to rob Scotland of some of its fishing rights.

Either way it will fall come Independence.

And already we see the benefits of this new YES venture. This kind of information will be spread in ways it never could via our closed conventional media.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin, Aye Scotia

Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow 8 years 11 months ago #23

• Arbroath 1320
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Alba gu Brath!
  • Thank you received: 2
VI, here's a link to the Oil of Scotland site where you'll find a map showing the area of the North Sea as STOLEN by Tony Blair ably assisted as you point out by the Labour party in Scotland. :sick:

Just scroll down the page and you'll come across the map and article no problem. ;)

www.oilofscotland.org/scottish_politics.html

You can also download and print the map and associated article from a link about a quarter of the way down on the right hand side of the index page, just below the wee photo of Elaie C. Smith. :huh:

www.oilofscotland.org/scottish_politics.html

Just hope these links work. :whistle:
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Arbroath 1320.

Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow 8 years 11 months ago #25

Thanks for that Arbroath 1320. Happily, as I said, the original boundary was set up by International Treaty which no Government can arbitrarily over ride. As it is Blair's steal was primarily about stealing Scottish fishing grounds.

Either way it was a disgrace by Blair's Government and even more so by Scottish Labour who did absolutely nothing to even challange Blair never mind try and stop him.

Alex Salmond talks to Jon Snow 8 years 11 months ago #27

• Arbroath 1320
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Alba gu Brath!
  • Thank you received: 2
Totally agree VI.

The Labour party in Holyrood at the time did not have a back bone between them to challenge Blair and his thieving ways. :sick:

The one saving grace we have is that we have the S.N.P. in power at Holyrood. Whilst they are not everyone's cup of tea there is at least one thing that I think we can all agree on and that is that they will always do what is in the best interest of Scotland. :cheer:

Now you definitely can NOT say that about any of the current crop of opposition parties. :P
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds